Typical matters on which Harriet has been asked to advise include the following:
- HMRC enquiries involving domicile, the transfer of assets abroad, HMRC’s powers of recovery outside the UK, employment taxes and taxation of charities
- Employee taxation including the scope of the benefits code, the disguised remuneration legislation (Part 7A ITEPA 2003) and the Rangers case.
- Pensions taxation, including taxation of international pensions (QROPS) and all elements of UK-based pensions taxation (FA 2004, Part 4).
- Non-resident trusts
- Residence, domicile and the taxation of foreign domiciliaries
- Inheritance tax planning
- Taxation of charities and gifts to charities
- FATCA and CRS