Mary can be instructed to undertake litigation and give advice in all areas of tax law as well as trusts law.
Mary is the co-author of the 11th edition of Taxation of Charities and Non-Profit Organisations. Mary is the moderator for the Taxation of Foreign Domiciliaries online.
Mary is a member of the Revenue Bar Association and can be instructed under the Association’s Special Advocacy Scheme and Joint Advisory Scheme. Mary is also a member of the Chancery Bar Association and is involved with the Association of Women Barristers and the Association of American Women Lawyers in London.
Mary graduated from Keble College, University of Oxford with a First Class degree in Law as well as a Distinction on the BCL. Mary has tutored in trusts law at St Catz.
Mary has recently advised on the following matters:
• SDLT sub-sale relief
• SDLT partnership relief
• IHT/CGT planning
• Variation of trusts and whether they are necessary
• The taxation of EBTs
• VAT in complex transactions
• Use of Off-shore trusts and companies
• Double taxation agreements
• CGT planning when disposing of farmland / farmland diversification
• HMRC enquiries
• HMRC Clearance applications