Contractor Loan Schemes
25th May 2021, 4:00 PM
The webinar will be from 16.00 – 17.30 on 25th May 2021 by ZOOM.
This live webinar will last approximately 1 hour 30 minutes and will be supported by presentation slides with an opportunity to ask questions using either Zoom’s Q&A or “Raised Hand”.
16:00 – 16.40 – Ross Birkbeck:
Loan Charge – a 2021 Update
- The Part 7A ‘background’.
- The current state of the Loan Charge.
- 3 failed challenges and what they teach us.
- Phase 2: enforcement.
16:40 – 17.20 – Rory Mullan QC:
Historic contractor loans – where are we now?
- Hoey v HMRC in the Upper Tribunal.
- PAYE credits and HMRC’s discretion under section 684(7A) ITEPA 2003.
- Transfer of assets abroad issues.
- Impact on HMRC’s ability to issue followers notices.
17:20 – 17:30 – Q & A
To confirm your interest in the webinar, send an email to email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation email 48 hours before the start time explaining how to join the webinar.
This webinar is hosted by Zoom. Please visit the Zoom website for their Terms & Conditions.