Etienne Wong will be speaking for MBL Seminars at the Financial Compliance for Law Firms – 2018 Conference on 19th April 2018.
This session will discuss two recent decisions: one shining a spotlight on how law firms should treat disbursements for VAT purposes; the other on how law firms should determine who to invoice for VAT purposes on transactions where third parties foot the bill.
This session will cover:
- The first tier tribunal decision on what is a disbursement
- The supreme court judgment on how to determine who is the recipient of a supply for VAT purposes
- How disbursements should be treated in a bill of costs
- How to determine who to bill
- Reconciliation with old – and updated – Law Society guidance