Rory Mullan and Setu Kamal will each be speaking at a conference on Essential Tax Update for Offshore Service Providers being hosted by Mark Davies & Associates (Offshore) Ltd at The The Pomme d’Or, St Helier, Jersey on Thursday 1st March 2012 at 1.00pm.
Rory will be speaking on EU Treaty defences and UK anti-avoidance provisions covering:
· The position of the Channel Islands with the EU
· The scope of the free movement of capital
· EU law defences to UK tax charges: Sections 13, 86, 87 TCGA1992, and the Transfer of
Assets Abroad provision
Setu will be speaking on PART 7A ITEPA: The Three-Patch Problem That Was covering:
· An outline of Part 7A
· Does anything need to be done?
· Purported solutions that don’t work
· Suggested actions for trustees
10th February 2012